Saturday, July 11, 2009

HT, Here We Come!!

The numbers for Jackson's chest tube were right on this am, but we had to wait on his surgeon's approval. Once again we played the waiting game. He finally came around about 1:30pm and said to pull it. He went ahead and pulled it while he was there. We took Jackson back to the treatment room (where they do all procedures) which he screamed the whole way! He pulled it without any pain med or sedation and Jackson was back in his room within 5min. Jackson has been WIDE OPEN ever since! After an ECHO and chest XRAY. We got word to head to the house. After getting all of his medicines, etc. we got home about 10:30pm tonight. Needless to say, but no pics for tonight. The bed is calling our name!!!

6 comments:

  1. What a trooper!!! Welcome home and have a good night rest for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A BLESSING! WELCOME HOME AND UR STILL IN OUR PRAYERS. IF YOU NEED ANYTHING YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. HOPE TO SEE YALL SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!. LOVE IN CHRIST LEE F& KIDS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad we have been able to follow Jackson's recovery. He has really done well but I know that it has really been tough on him and you all. I am glad that Pam could go down and help you out. You have been in our thoughts and prayers. May God continue to bless you and I hope Jackson will get to come home very soon.
    I Love You, Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a recovery! That is truly a blessing for you and Jackson. I am so happy for you guys. Please keep us updated on how he does during his recovery at home. Since we are having the same procedure, it's been great following Jackson and knowing what to expect in these days to come.

    Silvia Howard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, isn't God great?!
    We're so happy everything's gone so well. He's one tough little dude! We're still praying for his recovery & courage, with peace & wisdom for Mommy & Daddy too!
    Oh, and thanks for having this blog!
    Ann Maddox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I have officially gotten the tears to quit flowing. Jackson, I have been in the military for over ten years, and yes have seen many things in those ten years, you man have been through more than I could ever think about having to endure. Combat or not. And to do it with such a smile!!!! WOW Keep your head up and know that the Man upstairs will look out for you in every way possible!
    Do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
    Your aunt Rhonda in Greenwood has kept me up to speed on your journey!
    Really let me know if I can do anything buddy!

    Rette Miller

    ReplyDelete